Fix sloppiness around stricly less-than vs less or equal
Fix sloppy wording around stricly less-than vs less or equal in
comments. Also fix an off-by-one error in a comparison which led to
calling setrlimit if the limit was exactly the minimum required for
the test, which was unnecessary but harmless.
Signed-off-by: Gilles Peskine <Gilles.Peskine@arm.com>
diff --git a/tests/suites/test_suite_net.function b/tests/suites/test_suite_net.function
index 55fabd6..111a349 100644
@@ -75,8 +75,9 @@
void poll_beyond_fd_setsize( )
/* Test that mbedtls_net_poll does not misbehave when given a file
- * descriptor beyond FD_SETSIZE. This code is specific to platforms
- * with a Unix-like select() function. */
+ * descriptor greater or equal to FD_SETSIZE. This code is specific to
+ * platforms with a Unix-like select() function, which is where
+ * FD_SETSIZE is a concern. */
struct rlimit rlim_nofile;
int restore_rlim_nofile = 0;
@@ -87,15 +88,15 @@
mbedtls_net_init( &ctx );
/* On many systems, by default, the maximum permitted file descriptor
- * number is less or equal to FD_SETSIZE. If so, raise the limit if
+ * number is less than FD_SETSIZE. If so, raise the limit if
- * If the limit can't be raised, a newly open file descriptor
- * won't be higher than FD_SETSIZE, so the test is not necessary and we
- * mark it as skipped.
+ * If the limit can't be raised, a file descriptor opened by the
+ * net_sockets module will be less than FD_SETSIZE, so the test
+ * is not necessary and we mark it as skipped.
TEST_ASSERT( getrlimit( RLIMIT_NOFILE, &rlim_nofile ) == 0 );
- if( rlim_nofile.rlim_cur <= FD_SETSIZE + 1 )
+ if( rlim_nofile.rlim_cur < FD_SETSIZE + 1 )
rlim_t old_rlim_cur = rlim_nofile.rlim_cur;
rlim_nofile.rlim_cur = FD_SETSIZE + 1;
@@ -109,8 +110,8 @@
/* In principle, mbedtls_net_poll() with valid arguments should succeed.
* However, we know that on Unix-like platforms (and others), this function
* is implemented on top of select() and fd_set, which do not support
- * file descriptors beyond FD_SETSIZE. So we expect to hit this platform
- * limitation.
+ * file descriptors greater or equal to FD_SETSIZE. So we expect to hit
+ * this platform limitation.
* If mbedtls_net_poll() does not proprely check that ctx.fd is in range,
* it may still happen to return the expected failure code, but if this