STM32Cube is an STMicroelectronics original initiative to ease developers' life by reducing efforts, time and cost.
STM32Cube covers the overall STM32 products portfolio. It includes a comprehensive embedded software platform delivered for each STM32 series.
- The CMSIS modules (core and device) corresponding to the ARM(tm) core implemented in this STM32 product.
- The STM32 HAL-LL drivers, an abstraction layer offering a set of APIs ensuring maximized portability across the STM32 portfolio.
- The BSP drivers of each evaluation, demonstration or nucleo board provided for this STM32 series.
- A consistent set of middleware libraries such as RTOS, USB, FatFS, graphics, touch sensing library...
- A full set of software projects (basic examples, applications, and demonstrations) for each board provided for this STM32 series.
Two models of publication are proposed for the STM32Cube embedded software:
- The monolithic MCU Package: all STM32Cube software modules of one STM32 series are present (Drivers, Middleware, Projects, Utilities) in the repository (usual name STM32Cubexx, xx corresponding to the STM32 series).
- The MCU components: each STM32Cube software module being part of the STM32Cube MCU Package, is delivered as an individual repository, allowing the user to select and get only the required software functions.
This cmsis_device_f7 MCU component repo is one element of the STM32CubeF7 MCU embedded software package, providing the cmsis device part.
Details about the content of this release are available in the release note here.
It is crucial that you use a consistent set of versions for the CMSIS Core - CMSIS Device, as mentioned in this release note.
The full STM32CubeF7 MCU package is available here.
Please refer to the CONTRIBUTING.md guide.